Extension of the Public Review Period for the ACEforward Draft EIR
A Notice of Availability (NOA) of a draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for ACEforward was previously distributed to responsible agencies, trustee agencies, and other interested parties on May 31, 2017, which started a 62-day review period, which was set to end July 31, 2017. The San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission (SJRRC) has received requests to extend the comment period for the ACEforward DEIR. In response to these requests, SJRRC is granting an extension of the comment period through Thursday, August 31, 2017. To view the Notice of Public Review Period Extension, please click HERE.
About the Project
The San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission (SJRRC), acting as lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for ACEforward
is a phased improvement plan proposed by the SJRRC to increase service reliability and frequency, enhance passenger facilities, reduce travel times along the existing ACE service corridor from San Jose to Stockton and extend ACE service to Manteca, Modesto, Ceres, Turlock and Merced. This plan would provide the foundation for SJRRC’s near-term and longer-term vision of intercity and commuter passenger rail services.
SJRRC has prepared a DEIR studying potential environmental effects of the proposed enhancements and identifying ways to avoid or mitigate them.
The SJRRC hosted a series of open houses during the public comment period. Please visit HERE for meeting dates, locations, and the exhibit boards that were presented at the open houses.
To view the Notice of Availability (NOA) and the DEIR, please click HERE.
Para el Resumen Ejecutivo en español, haga click AQUI.
The comment period for the ACEforward DEIR is May 31, 2017 – August 31, 2017
. Please submit your comments before the end of the comment period. Comments can be submitted via email to aceforwardEIR@acerail.com
with subject line “ACEforward
Written comments can be mailed to:
San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission
949 E. Channel Street
Stockton, CA 95202
Availability of Draft Environmental Impact Report
Copies of the draft EIR and the documents referenced in the draft EIR will be available for review at the following location during normal working hours:
- SJRRC offices at 949 East Channel Street, Stockton
Copies of the draft EIR are also available for review at the following locations:
- ACEforward website at: www.aceforward.com
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, 150 East San Fernando Street, San Jose
- Rose Garden Branch Library, 1580 Naglee Avenue, San Jose
- Mission Library Family Reading Center, 1098 Lexington Street, Santa Clara
- Northside Branch Library, 695 Moreland Way, Santa Clara
- Alviso Branch Library, 5050 North 1st Street, San Jose
- Newark Library, 6300 Civic Terrace Avenue, Newark
- Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Boulevard, Fremont
- Union City Library, 34007 Alvarado-Niles Boulevard, Union City
- Niles Library, 150 I Street, Fremont
- Hayward Public Library, 835 C Street, Hayward
- Oakland Public Library MLK Jr. Branch, 6833 International Boulevard, Oakland
- Pleasanton Public Library, 400 Old Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton
- Livermore Public Library Central Library, 1188 South Livermore Avenue, Livermore
- Springtown Branch Library, 998 Bluebell Drive, Livermore
- Mountain House Branch Library, 250 Main Street, Mountain House
- Tracy Branch Library, 20 East Eaton Avenue, Tracy
- Lathrop Branch Library, 450 Spartan Way, Lathrop
- Cesar Chavez Central Library, 605 North El Dorado Street, Stockton
- Manteca Public Library, 320 West Center Street, Manteca
- Friends of the Ripon Memorial Library, 333 West Main Street, Ripon
- Stanislaus County Library, 1500 I Street, Modesto
- Ceres Public Library, 2250 Magnolia Street, Ceres
- Turlock Public Library, 550 North Minaret Avenue, Turlock
- Livingston Library, 1212 Main Street, Livingston
- Atwater Branch Library, 1600 Third Street, Atwater
- Merced County Library, 2100 O Street, Merced