The latest information regarding the ACE Extension Lathrop to Ceres/Merced Project.
Notice of Availability: ACE Extension Lathrop to Ceres/Merced Draft Environmental Impact Report
The San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission (SJRRC), acting as lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) Extension Lathrop to Ceres/Merced (ACE Extension) project.
The Notice of Availability (NOA) was posted on April 13, 2018. To view the NOA and DEIR click here
About the Project
To enhance commuter and intercity rail service and to promote greater transit connectivity between the San Joaquin Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area, SJRRC is proposing to expand ACE service to Ceres and Merced. The ACE Extension contains both Phase I and Phase II improvements that are analyzed in the EIR. The limits of the Phase I improvements span San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Merced Counties. SJRRC proposes to extend ACE passenger rail service from Lathrop to Ceres in Phase I by constructing and upgrading tracks within the existing Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) Fresno Subdivision right-of-way (ROW), a distance of approximately 24 miles. New stations and operating facilities would be constructed in the Lathrop area and along the extension alignment. In Phase II, SJRRC proposes to extend ACE passenger rail service from Ceres to Merced by constructing and upgrading tracks within the existing UPRR Fresno Subdivision ROW, a distance of approximately 34 miles. New stations and operating facilities would be constructed along the extension alignment.
SJRRC will hold an open house to receive comments on the DEIR. Written comments may be made on comment cards that will be provided at the open house. The open house will be held on the following date and location:
Stanislaus County Fairgrounds
900 North Broadway
Turlock, CA 95380
Tuesday, May 8, 2018, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The comment period for the ACE Extension Lathrop to Ceres/Merced project DEIR is April 13, 2018 – May 28, 2018
. Comments on the DEIR may be made on comment cards provided at the open house or submitted in writing by regular mail or email. Comments on the DEIR must be received by the end of the review period, which is Monday, May 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Comments can be submitted via email to: ACEextension.email@example.com
Written comments can be mailed to:
San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission
Attn: ACE Extension Lathrop to Ceres/Merced Project
949 East Channel Street
Stockton, CA 95202
Availability of Draft Environmental Impact Report
Copies of the DEIR and the documents referenced in the DEIR will be available for review at the following location during normal working hours:
- SJRRC offices at 949 East Channel Street, Stockton
Copies of the draft EIR are also available for review at the following locations:
- ACE Extension website: http://www.acerail.com/About/Projects-Initiatives/Current/ACE-Extension-Lathrop-to-Ceres-Merced/Draft-Environmental-Impact-Report
- Lathrop Branch Library, 450 Spartan Way, Lathrop
- Cesar Chavez Central Library, 605 North El Dorado Street, Stockton
- Manteca Public Library, 320 West Center Street, Manteca
- Friends of the Ripon Memorial Library, 333 West Main Street, Ripon
- Stanislaus County Library, 1500 I Street, Modesto
- Ceres Public Library, 2250 Magnolia Street, Ceres
- Turlock Public Library, 550 North Minaret Avenue, Turlock
- Livingston Library, 1212 Main Street, Livingston
- Atwater Branch Library, 1600 Third Street, Atwater
- Merced County Library, 2100 O Street, Merced
- Northside Branch Library, 695 Moreland Way, Santa Clara
- Pleasanton Public Library, 400 Old Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton